What is Growth Factor Concentrate (GFC)?
Growth Factor Concentrate (GFC) Therapy is a hair loss treatment derived from a person’s own blood that contains a high concentration of growth factors that enhance hair regrowth. Growth factors are proteins that play a critical role in cell growth, tissue repair, and wound healing. Growth factor concentrate (GFC) therapy involves injecting a solution containing growth factors and other nutrients directly into the scalp to stimulate hair growth by increasing blood flow to the scalp and promoting the activity of hair follicles.
GFC Is best therapy for people suffering from androgenic alopecia, hair loss, reduced hair volume, post hair transplant
- It is non-invasive therapy without side effects as there is no RBC’s being injected
- This gives faster and better results, desired result can be seen in 3-6 sessions and maintenance session in every 3 months can be done
- Platelets mediate effects through degranulation, in which platelet-derived GF (PDGF), transforming GF-β1 (TGF-β1), vascular endothelial GF (VEGF), basic fibroblastic GF (bFGF), and epidermal GF (EGF) are released from alpha granules
- The growth factors in GFC offer consistent results without any side effects.
How GFC works:
- Platelet-Derived Growth Factor (PDGF) stimulates mesenchymal stem cells and activates hair growth.
- Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), and fibroblast growth factor (FGF) promoting the growth of new hair follicles and stimulating the activity of existing follicles
- Insulin-like Growth Factor-1 promotes hair growth and helps maintain hair follicle health.
- Epidermal Growth Factor also promotes the production of blood vessels around the hair root, which increases hair thickness.
STEPS IN GFC THERAPY:
- Blood collection: Collect 6ml blood each in 2 vacutainers provided in GFC kit
- Platelet activation: gently invert the tube for 10 times and keep it upright for 30 mins
- GFC separation: centrifuge the vacutainers for 10 mins
- GFC collection: collect the upper layer of GFC from vacutainer
- GFC injection: pure, acellular, autologous growth factors are then injected on scalp
BENEFITS OF GFC THERAPY:
- Reduces hairfall
- Increases hair volume
- Strengthens hair shaft
- Improves hair thickness
- Stimulates hair growth
Precautions after GFC therapy:
- You can resume your daily activity soon after the treatment.
- You may shower or shampoo next day onwards.